The Information Technology Department (IT) of the CITY OF EL PASO maintains the EPCONNECT website as a public service.1. A cookie is a tiny piece of text that, with your permission, is placed on your computer's hard drive. A cookie file contains unique information a website can use to track such things as passwords, lists of pages you've visited, and the date when you last looked at a specific page or to identify your session at a particular website. A cookie is often used in commercial sites to identify the items selected for a specific shopping cart application.
The CITY OF EL PASO uses cookie technology. A cookie is used to retain your personal preferences on how you want to access the CITY OF EL PASO website. We do not use a cookie to store your personal information; instead Myelpasotexas.gov will always authenticate who you are (using a password assigned by you) before preloading any web content.
2. If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that e-mails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another government agency or person who is in a better position to answer your question.
3. For site management functions, information is collected for analysis and statistical purposes. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information, and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings.
We use Log analysis tools to create summary statistics, which are used for purposes such as assessing what information is of most interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The following information is collected for this analysis:
- User Client hostname - The hostname (or IP address if DNS is disabled) of the user/client requesting access.
- HTTP header, "user-agent" - The user-agent information includes the type of browser, its version, and the operating system it's running on.
- HTTP header, "referer" - The referer specifies the page from which the client accessed the current page.
- System date - The date and time of the user/client request.
- Full request - The exact request the user/client made.
- Status - The status code the server returned to the user/client.
- Content length - The content length, in bytes, of the document sent to the user/client.
- Method - The request method used.
- Universal Resource Identifier (URI) - The location of a resource on the server.
- Query string of the URI - Anything after the question mark in a URI.
- Protocol - The transport protocol and version used.
The CITY OF EL PASO respects the privacy of every individual who visits our website.
If the CITY OF EL PASO ask for your e-mail address and or name it is intended for the purpose of sending the information you are requesting. Your email address will be used to send the information and your name, if provided, to personalize the email. The information you provide to the CITY OF EL PASO will not be used for any other purpose unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, or in accordance with the Texas Public Information Act. Additionally, the CITY OF EL PASO will not give, sell, or otherwise transfer your information to any other parties. The CITY OF EL PASO does not engage in the transmission of unsolicited email and you may opt out of receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe link on each email.